Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chubby Mommy Running Club & a Bloggy Meet-up

Last night, I had the opportunity to have my very first "bloggy meet-up"! It seems that all the cool bloggers are getting together all the time for races and such so when Kim (aka k2323, who doesn't have a blog but comments regularly and also participates in virtual races here and there) emailed me about a cool event happening here in Eugene I jumped at the opportunity to meet her and some other local runners.

Kim is a super cool and is working towards completing 7 half-marathons this year... her 1st (ever) being at the Eugene Marathon earlier this spring. She's headed to Hawaii this weekend, where the lucky girl will race with her husband at the Maui Half Marathon on what promises to be a beautiful course. Next weekend she is headed to Tacoma to join Tall Mom and others at the You Go Girl Half Marathon, which I believe will be #6. I'd say you should check out her blog, but she doesn't have one, but you can check her out HERE on Daily Mile. Anyway, on to the festivities of last night...

Here we are enjoying the fun.
Why yes, that is baby drool on my shoulder, thanks for noticing...
The event was a Chubby Mommy Running Club Social put together by JulieJulie, a super energetic and smiley person who has a fantastic blog that you can check out HERE.

This is a picture of Julie and my super drooly, just figuring out that he wasn't being held by his mommy, wanting to eat and go to bed little munchkin.
Basically it was a night to meet some other local runners and exchange emails in order to possibly create running partnerships. It was also a great excuse to get out of the house, talk about running and enjoy some of Earth Cafe's Raw Vegan Cheesecake (pretty tasty) and Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss IceCream... mmmm.
Also, Laura McClain of Run Momma Run was there and gave away her super cute Runner Girl necklace as a door prize... and guess who won?
Miss "I never win anything, you always win everything"
aka Kim
aka k2323
Hopefully, if meeting me and getting to hold my littlest one while I scarfed... I mean politely nibbled at my cheesecake and ice cream didn't make the trip worth while (ha ha) the necklace did. :P

All in all, I had a great time. Thanks to Kim for inviting me, then driving down from Albany to go with me, then telling everyone about my blog and making me feel like a celebrity! Good luck this weekend and next, I'm sure you'll be awesome!

14 comments:

Emz said...

The most beautiful person with or without baby drool. :) GREAT PHOTOS!

me/mom/NANA said...

My sister, which means Daniel's aunt Becky and his cousin Kate will be in Maui as well walking the marathon. Maybe they will see each other, and of course become fast friends with all the other thousands of runners/walkers there. Great post, photos and beautiful little boy.

Janet said...

Sounds like it was a really fun get together. Glad you could go.

Kerrie T. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Looking forward to meeting Kim at YGG next weekend.

Runners Fuel said...

What a great idea!

k2323 said...

Thanks for meeting me and letting some of your good luck rub off on me! Good times, totally worth the hour drive to get down there. Your baby is so adorable!

Now, time to sign up for Eugene next year?

track coach and adorable wife said...

Looks like fun! Hopefully I will get to meet Kim st YGG!

ErinandShane said...

I never would have noticed the drool without the comment...at least it's not spit-up.

*~* *~* Tracy said...

How fun!

juliejulie said...

Thank you SO much for coming, and for letting me hold your ADORABLE baby!!! You are impressive. Go girl!

Zaneta said...

Looks like such a fun meetup! :D That cheesecake looks yummy! :D

Elaine said...

It was great to meet you and your lovely son last night! Really enjoyed everybody I met; hope I find a walking/running partner soon!

Heather said...

Looks like fun and you look great!

Amy said...

Good meet up, the photos are great it seems you guys are having fun.

zbsports