Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Almost Free (or Back to School Pt.1)

First off, thank you so much to everyone and all your great comments on my race report. It makes me feel so good!

This will be a two part series because today is Emmeline's first day back to school but Calvin doesn't go back until tomorrow. Back to school is exciting for so many reasons none of the least of which is the fact that it means one less child at home all day. I love my kids to pieces but all day, every day is, well, absolutely exhausting. We both need school so that we can better appreciate the time we have to spend together. Also, I'll be honest, I need it so I don't go insane! It's been a long summer of "I don't know what to do now." "I'm bored." "What book should I read." Hooray for school and homework and play dates and soccer... hooray for back to school! (Remind me I said all this when I'm complaining about all the stuff we have to try to get done.)

Also, Mr. I'm 6 Months Old Now is totally mobile which means our house will be cleansed of everything below the 2 foot wake zone. Look at that devilish grin, it's just saying, "What can I get into next?!"

Oh, and also, also, Shut Up and Run! is hosting a giveaway for $80 from CSN... who couldn't use that? Check it out HERE.

11 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Great photo! Our little guy also often has that look, only he's 3 1/2 years old, so nothing is safe.

track coach and adorable wife said...

CUTE!

Rae said...

The kiddos are so cute! Can't wait to see the other one tomorrow!

me/mom/NANA said...

I love this. Jonny does look like he is up to trouble. Emmeline looks like, well like Emmeline. Beautiful little girl. I hope her school days are as great as she is.

Tricia said...

too cute

AshleyR said...

Yay, for the first day of school. With just one kiddo at home I am exhausted at the end of the day, I can't imagine 4, super mom skills!

Allie said...

I totally know what you mean, school keeps me sane, yay for school!!!

Loved the pics of the kids, so adorable!

PS Thanks for being my 200th follower, you rock!

Heather said...

Both pictures are adorable. I hope she had a great first day.

Zaneta said...

you have adorable kids! :)

Janet said...

I hope Emme enjoyed her day. Good luck to Calvin today. I love the look on Jonny's face.

Elaine said...

Your kids are beautiful and your feelings of THANK GOD SCHOOL HAS STARTED are shared by many a Mom! In fact, when I hear those Moms say, "oh, if only summer would never end..." I wonder if they're sane, if their kids are the least bit challenging (read: normal), or if it's *me* that is warped.

I. LOVE. THE. START. OF. SCHOOL.

(I have three kids.)