Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I seem to have "blogger's block". I really don't feel like I have anything interesting to write about, hence the sporadic, lackluster posts as of late. I figure that if I embrace "three things Thursday" today, as so many other bloggers do then at least I'll have some structure & a jumping off point.

2. I signed up for a virtual race. I'm pretty excited because its been a while since I've done any sort of race and I've kind of been feeling the racing itch (no, not chaffing or athlete's foot). This race is in honor of MCM Mama who will be turning 40 on the 25th. There are three different options, 4.0 miles (in honor of the birthday mileage), 8.25 miles (in honor of the day itself), or 40K (for all those insanely crazy people that aren't satisfied with single digit numbers). I'm going to do the 8.25 because it works best with my training schedule. If you'd like to get in on the action just click HERE and get all the details. It should be a good time with some great competition. As of this morning, she has 66 people signed up... not too shabby for a virtual race!

3. We're going camping today!! I'm so excited. We're headed to Cape Blanco which is towards the Southern end of the Oregon Coast. We're actually staying in a cabin, not a tent, so maybe it isn't technically camping, but it will be at a campground. As far as I'm concerned that's the only way (or at least the best way) to go when camping with small kids. We'll have a door that locks, bunk beds, electricity and room to stand up and move around, but we'll still have to cook over a campfire and trek across the campground to visit the loo. (Yes, I just threw "loo" out there and I might switch the coast to the shore... I'm nutty like that.) It should be a great weekend, with hopefully lots of sunshine, not too much wind and plenty of sandcastles and seashells.


Hope everyone has a great weekend, good luck to all the racers. Happy Running!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I hope you have a great time. The picture of the lighthouse is awesome. Did you find it online? I don't think you're there yet to take it are you?

busyrunningmama said...

Yay for virtual races, wish I could sign up too but I am only up to 1 mile so far but cleared to work up to 2 this week....Maybe the next virtual 5K will be organized by me...when I get to that point!!
Have a fantastic time "camping" at the "shore" , sounds like a fun, fun time!!

Teamarcia said...

Have a great time camping--gosh it's been eons since I camped...

ajh said...

Virtual races are a great idea.I signed up for that one too.