Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This is your brain on taper...

I don't have anything to blog about. I think my brain has gone into hibernation. It feels like summer is over. It's cold and drizzly and there is nothing fun to do. In fact, my kids are so bored, they have resorted to putting together crossword puzzles. I think we're all ready for school to start. I feel like everyone else in the world has already sent their kids back to school and we are just sitting around twiddling our thumbs and counting down the seconds. Soon. Not soon enough though.

In other news, Stephanie, my super studly little sister, who I taught to swim by the way, recently began her junior year as the star sprinter on Boise State University's swim team. Being the hardcore Oregon Duck football fans we are in our house, we must hate all things Boise State, however, we are allowed to be proud of Stephanie and her accomplishments as a Division 1 athlete even if it is for such a horrendous school (no hard feelings here) :P. (If you don't follow college football, you probably have no idea what I'm blabbering on about, but that's okay, its probably just as well.) Anyway, to get to the point of all of this... my mom recently brought to my attention a picture of my baby sister that will be hanging in gargantuan proportions outside the pool at BSU. Pretty cool I think. She looks pretty hardcore. Did I mention I was the one who taught her how to swim?
(Too bad she is too cool to read my blog...)

13 comments:

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

Isn't that blue turf just sickening!? That is an insanely hardcore picture, good for her!

Runners Fuel said...

Congrats to your sister!!

Angela said...

Congrats to your sister that's awesome.

I can completely understand ya on the football thing. Here's how it looks in my family. The hubs and I are Auburn fans, his dad is a Georgia fan, his mom is an Alabama fan. Most of our friends are Georgia fans, thus making college football one of the best times in my house.

me/mom/NANA said...

WOW. What a super great picture. I hope Stephanie is as proud of it as her family and friends are. Thanks for sharing with us.

Michel said...

That is a pretty awesome picture! How proud you are of her!

Emz said...

fabulous photo!

Congrats to her!!

misszippy said...

Yeah, she is one serious stud! Just think, you share those genes--lucky you!

P said...

Wow, your sister looks *almost* as badass as you, good thing you taught her how to swim! :-)
Taper Brain is the worst, I hope it's not accompanied by taper tantrums.

racing dawn said...

So awesome - that is, you teaching that woman how to swim and all. Don't let her forget! Maybe they'll let her have that picture when the season is over to put up in her living room! Hahaha. Love sisters! I'm having a brain fog as well with training - hope yours lifts soon!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Awesome photo.

Now tell sis that she needs to read your blog!

Zaneta said...

wow... that pic is definitely hardcore!! Congrats to your sister! :D

Dick said...

You're right, Laurie...it is an awesome picture. I'm glad she doesn't let her successes go to her head, or she'd look REALLY top heavy! Hopefully she'll remember us when she's rich and famous!

Heather said...

That is awesome. My siblings are too cool to read my blog too.

Hey. Did you by any chance teach your little sister to swim?:)