Today is my blogiversary and its Friday the 13th... what a fun day! It was 3 years ago today that I started my blog. After moving to Eugene for law school, Dan (my husband, in case you're new here... Welcome) started a blog to document his first year. Not one to be outdone, I started one too. I didn't have anything to write about, so I decided to blog about my running. HERE is my very first blog post ever, if you care to wax nostalgic with me.
A lot has happened in these past 3 years. Here are a few things off the top of my head:
1. We added Leona to our family.
2. Despite Leona's super cheery disposition (ha ha, can you hear the sarcasm dripping off your screen?) we added Jonathan to our family too.
3. Emmeline started school and is now going into 2nd grade! She also decided she prefers being called Emmeline, not Emme... and just today, in fact, she told me she'd probably be calling me Mom (instead of Mommy) once school starts... my baby is growing up :(
4. I discovered that other people had running blogs too and that they like to give things away and host virtual races... wow, that was a big discovery and a huge addiction!
5. People discovered my blog and I had to actually pretend to be interesting/entertaining.
6. I changed the name of my blog (used to be Laurie's Running Log Blog) in the effort to be more entertaining.
7. We moved out of an apartment and into a house (still renting, but hooray nonetheless).
8. I turned 30. (Still trying to come to terms with that one.)
9. Dan graduated from law school, took the bar (and passed... don't know yet but it never hurts to be optimistic) and secured a job.
10. I developed the desire/need to race, instead of just running to run.
11. I truly fell in love with running.
So happy 3 year blogiversary to me (I didn't even think to celebrate my last 2 blogiversaries... silly me) and happy day to you. Why, you ask? Well, anniversaries require presents (unless your anniversary falls too close to your birthday and Christmas, then no present required ;) or so I've been told) and I feel like giving some out. Hooray! I want it to be good, so I'll need to round up a few more things but right now I can let you know I'll hook you up with two pair of pretty sweet Nike running socks (thanks to my super sweet husband who wants me to make lots of bloggy friends), a couple super fantastic non-slip headbands (compliments of my super mommy, see Emme, I'm not too old to say Mommy, okay, maybe I am, that sounds weird, I'll stick to just mom, trust me, they're great), an assortment of Cliff and/or Luna bars and, hmmm... I guess we'll see (I reserve the right to add more loot later).
So, here are the entry details: (please leave a comment for each entry, thanks!)
~Follow me. (click on the "follow me" button at left and let me know if you're a new follower.) ~Already a follower? Hooray for you, you get double points! (feel free to comment twice)
Optional: +1 each
~"Like" my blog on Facebook HERE (all the cool kids are doing it, so I thought I'd give it a shot too)
~Add me to your blogroll
~Tell me something special you do to celebrate your favorite holiday.
So, that's it... enter away & don't forget to tell your friends. You have until 12am PST on 8/27 to enter, but "Never put off 'til tomorrow, what you could do today" which goes perfectly with the motto I seem to live by, which is "Do as I say, not as I do." :P Anyway, I'll announce the winner shortly after the closing date, probably Monday 8/30.
Happy Running! Thanks for stopping by, I truly enjoy reading all your comments.