Monday, August 2, 2010

Good to be Home

After almost 3 weeks of being away from home, we're finally back and getting life in order... which means I have no real excuse to neglect my blog. (I'm sure I can come up with something though... I'm pretty good at making excuses.)

It's good to be home. A lot can be said for sleeping in my own bed and not a spare bed at my grammy's or my parents', or on a cot, or a couch, or the floor... especially when I ended up sharing that bed/cot/couch/floor with at least one of my children who too missed his/her bed. A lot can also be said for having my husband around to help. I don't know how single parents do it. I had a lot of help (and by help I mean, help spoiling my kids) from my grammy and my mom and mom-in-law while we were "displaced" but its nothing like the help (and by help, I mean the un-spoiling variety) of their dad.

I can't discredit too much the help I got from my grandma, my mom and mom-in-law, though. The three of them made it possible for me to stay on track with my running schedule. I managed to get in all but one of my scheduled runs including three long runs, a couple tempo runs and a pretty decent track workout. So, thank you, Grammy, Mom & Yvonne for helping me out, I really appreciate it and couldn't have done it without you. Again, I don't know how single parents do it... I will never again take my husband for granted.

Speaking of Dan... he is now officially done being a student. Hooray! He feels good about the bar, hopefully those good feelings will transfer into a passing result. Thanks to everyone for your happy thoughts, I'm sure they helped. He won't get the results for a while and as soon as he does, I'll let you know how he did, unless he doesn't pass (lets hope that isn't the case) then no news is bad news. :/ Either way he has a job, so that's a good. It's just he can't get a "good paying" job to support my running (and shopping (not to mention all our kids)) habits until he passes the bar. :P

Anyway, that's about it. I'm back. I plan to get a little bit more active in the blogging world again. I look forward to catching up on all the blogs I've been neglecting besides my own. Happy running!

No comments: