Friday, August 27, 2010

Furlough Friday pt.2

Two posts in one day... can you believe it?!

So, our adventure went well. It wasn't quite as slow as I thought it would be. It took us 48:56 to go 5.46 miles, which averaged out to 8:58 pace. Emme flew down the hills on her bike and I was practically sprinting to keep up with her. In actuality, what was supposed to be a nice easy run turned into a fartlek workout for me... I think I might need a more consistent pacer, maybe one that I don't have to constantly remind to stay on the right side of the bike path. :P
We stopped a few times to enjoy the scenery... Emme was so excited to see the river,
and play around in the EWEB fountain.

A little over halfway done, we stopped at Alton Baker park to "refuel" on Teddy Grahams.
Then over the Autzen Footbridge, where we stopped again to look at the "sculptures" in the water.
After going under the train bridge, that much to Emme's delight, actually had a train crossing it, we had one more uphill then it was smooth sailing all the way home.


The best part about the whole adventure was sharing one of my favorite routes with Emme. The whole time we were out, she kept looking back at me and saying "This is soooo fun!" (Of course, every time she looked back at me, she would weave and wobble across the path, which would prompt me to say, "Keep to the right, Emme!" but it made me smile nonetheless.) What a great way to spend the morning! Hope you can share one of your favorite routes with someone you love...

4 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

So cute!

P said...

Love this post! It's such a pleasure for me to run with my kids (mostly because I don't have to push them in a stroller). Your daughter is so beautiful, she looks just like you!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

I've contemplated many times running while my son rode his bike... but wasn't sure if he'd slow me down or kill me by going too fast!!! I think I'll try now though. Cute post.

Teamarcia said...

You are both beautiful--what special mom/daughter time! Love the Sweaty Band too!