Friday, August 27, 2010

Furlough Friday

Dan has today off from work because it is one of his 6 required furlough days. This works well for me because it means I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to go running. Hooray! Today is actually supposed to be a rest day, but I took an unplanned rest day yesterday (had a little trouble getting up early) so need to run today.

I have 6 miles on the schedule but am going to make it 5 as Miss Emmeline will be pacing me on her bicycle. She has been begging to go running with me ever since she started her running around the block training program so we compromised and I'm going to let her come along on her bike. She has never ridden that far, but I'm pretty sure she'll be able to make it no problem. (Just in case, we're doing a nice little loop with lots of shade, resting areas, a bathroom and pretty scenery... if needs be, we'll just make it an all day adventure.) Leona & Mr. Fuzzyhead (aka Jonny) will also be accompanying us, so we'll probably load up with snacks too. I'll try to take a few pictures of our adventure and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Don't forget, today is the last day to enter my giveaway. I'll draw a winner sometime this weekend and post the results on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of stellar running! :)

4 comments:

Emz said...

I love pace partners. Sounds fun.

Have a great weekend!

Runners Fuel said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Janet said...

How fun for you all to go together. I hope it was fun.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Good luck to you all! Hope you enjoy!