Monday, August 16, 2010

Forget "Motivated Monday"

I have absolutely been the poster child for unmotivation today. I don't know what my problem is, but I just can seem to get going. I did manage to get up early to run before Dan started his first day of work, but it took resetting my alarm 1/2 an hour later and still hitting snooze twice before I got out the door. It's now 2:30 and I'm just barely getting the breakfast dishes done (which of course multiplied into lunch dishes too while they sat). I also had planned to blog this morning, but as you can see that didn't happen either. Anyway....

On Saturday, my mom participated in a 6.7 mile walk as part of the Crater Lake Run the Rim festivities. She did an amazing job and I am so proud of her. She ended up finishing 5th in her age group and 13th overall out of 174 walkers. Hooray!! The best part is that she had such a great time that she has decided to participate in MCM Mama's "Mama Goes Masters" virtual race (which is still open for a few more days if you're interested). She'll be running 4 miles on 8/25 in what will be her first running race ever. I'm so excited. Hmmm, maybe if she keeps it up, she'll be ready next year to run the Portland Marathon with me?
(yeah, I stole the above picture, I'm sorry)
She looks so happy after finishing. I wish I could have been there to cheer her on!

Here's a link to her first ever race report too, if you're interested.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

6 comments:

P said...

Hooray for your mom!!!

Teamarcia said...

Your mom is simply awesome! Congrats to her!

Zaneta said...

YAY for your mom! That is soo awesome! :D

AshleyR said...

Congrats to your mom!

I think today has just been one of those days for all of us. I'm dealing with pms monsters today chasing me from one mood extreme to another. I hope tomorrow brings better things!

ErinandShane said...

Yay for Janet! This entry made me smile.

p.s. thanks to you (hearing how my cousin, a busy mother of 4 goes running) I decided I could get up in the wee hours of the morning to go running. I'm currently on a 6 week training program for a simple 5k. Just thought you should know you're motivating even if you yourself dont feel motivated.

Janet said...

Thanks for the comments. Laurie you really are the motivator! I hope I can live up to your expectations. :o)