Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Everyone's doing it...


I've kind of always been a sucker for peer pressure and right now it seems that most of the cool kids have joined this happening new club, The Hard CORE Club. Not wanting to be left out of the fun and in an attempt to be a cool kid for once, I'm joining up too. What exactly does this entail?Well... I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Just kidding. The first rule of the hard CORE club is that "there is no hard CORE club".... ha ha. Seriously though, I'm not really sure, like I said, all the cool kids were doing it and I wanted to be part of the fun... maybe I should find out what a member has to do, hopefully it doesn't involve eating bugs or jumping from bridges... that sounds pretty hardcore! Okay, really seriously though, the Hard CORE Club is literally just that a club to get a "hard core"... get it, hard + core (as in belly, stomach, tummy, breadbasket, spare tire...) = hard CORE! Pretty clever.

So, the ringleader of this club is Jamoosh from over at Last Mile Lounge, who promises that if I do 13 different core strengthening exercises for the next 13 weeks I am guaranteed to have a stomach as rocking as Emz's. Yes please, sign me up!! Okay, not really, in fact I think he might have said something to the effect that in order to get a stomach like that I will have to have an incredibly balanced and healthy diet (you think that means no more red vines for an afternoon snack :( and peanut butter m & m's as an appetizer?) not to mention have an amazing set of genes. Oh well. I can still dream.

Anyway, I've opted to do a Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday schedule. I'm telling you this so that maybe I'll be somewhat more accountable for staying on track. Since this is the first week and today is Tuesday, that means I'm already running behind, better get on it. Some people have posted before pictures (I think only the guys), I won't be doing that. I will maybe take some and if in 13 weeks there is a drastic change then maybe I'll show them to you. Hooray for peer pressure and wanting to be cool, hopefully it helps me with my running form and the like. :)

As for peer pressure and wanting to be cool, don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already... all the cool kids are doing it!

3 comments:

AshleyR said...

I so need to join that club. Every time I start a core routine it falters in a few weeks. It's like I have to leave the house to do any workout because I'll just get distracted and end up cleaning. Here's how it will go: get on the floor to do exercises, see that there is dog hair on the carpet, vacuum. start another exercise, see dust on the entertainment center, dust all the living room furniture. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Zaneta said...

I joined that club too! (I posted before pics and im not a guy) lol ;) I did my first workout today... good stuff!! :D

Zaneta said...

haha, apology excepted ;) lol... im feeling it in my back muscles from todays workout lol... i have a weak back :(