Monday, August 30, 2010

Did you win?

Since I've got your attention, I'll make you suffer through my week in review before I let you know whether or not you won. (Of course, you could just scroll down, but where's the fun in that?) Saturday was my last long run of this training schedule. That means I have less than a week until my first half-marathon! I'm mostly nervous but also kind of getting excited. I'm sure that by Saturday night, I'll be a nervous wreck.

Anyway, I had 13 on the schedule but planned to do 14 to make up for a bit of during the week slacking and ended up doing 15 after I got 1/2 a mile in and decided to back to my house for a wardrobe change... too warm and muggy for long sleeves, I don't know what I was thinking. The run itself was pretty lackluster. I didn't really have any problems with the mileage but I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't get out of my house until after 6:30am and there were so many people out there running, I guess just before 7 is a slightly more popular running time than just before 5, hmmm go figure. I saw 3 other people pushing jogging strollers (I had Jonny in the single), all of which were guys running in groups with other guys, hardly any women around at all, I thought that was kind of interesting. Maybe I was missing out on some great girls only party? I did actually get passed, which I don't like to let happen. It was at mile 13 and this girl went past us. I said, "Aww, you're making me look bad". Her response was, "Oh no, you're doing great, I have a little one at home, it's hard to go fast when pushing him." So, not only did she pass me, she implied that I was slow. :P Talk about adding insult to injury. She did manage to give me the motivation I needed to pick up my pace a bit, but I didn't try to chase her down, even though I really wanted to...

So, I did manage two mileage PRs. 15 miles, which is my longest run to date and also brought my weekly total to just over 40 miles... another distance PR. Hooray! I'll tell you what though, I'm ready for taper week. Nothing over 5 miles until my race on Sunday and I get to start it off today with another day of rest. Yippee... bring it on.

As for the winner of my recent contest (thanks for your patience, if you read all of the above)... Thank you all so much for stopping by, saying hello and leaving happy blogiversary wishes :D. I had 159 entries and left it up to the fates of random. org. So, without further ado, the winner is #76, Tressa (or maybe the coach himself?), of Training w/a Track Coach and His Adorable Wife, who commented that:


So, if you aren't Track Coach or his Adorable Wife, you didn't win. I'm sorry. (If you are, email me your info.) If its any consolation I truly appreciate you following me and I love reading all your comments (they really make my day) and since I'm sure that didn't do much for you, if you keep following me, maybe I can hook you up with more goodies in the future. :)

9 comments:

P said...

Waaah for me, but YAY for Track Coach and Adorable Wife!
Awesome job on your 15-miler (yes, I read the whole post)! :-)

busyrunningmama said...

Great job on 2 PR's!! Enjoy the taper week and I can't wait for your first half marathon race report! You will rock!!!

misszippy said...

Great job on your mileage! Sounds like you'll be ready to kick it at your 1/2.

AshleyR said...

I would never consider you slow! I wish I could run your speed again. I guess living in Eugene there are a lot of fast runners. In my town you'd be one of the top runners!

Congrats on the 40mpw! I hope to get there by the end of the year, currently at 30 mpw.

track coach and adorable wife said...

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED! IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS! I wanted to win yours so bad and I have never won anything! YAY!

And awesome week!

Runners Fuel said...

Great PR!

gmontalvo13 said...

great job on you PR!

and yay for track coach and adorable wife...i love their blog name! :)

Rae said...

Woo hoo Tessa and Jesse!!

Teamarcia said...

Congrats on the mileage PRs!