Monday, August 23, 2010

Brrrr

It was cold this morning when I went running. As in, cold enough that I had no need to shed my long sleeves and almost wished I had warn something longer than a skirt. It kind of makes me excited for fall. I love the fall. I love the colorful leaves. I love wearing layers. I love college football. I love the cool mornings and warm afternoons. I love Halloween, Thanksgiving & my birthday. I love hot apple cider and making yummy bread & other things to eat without overheating my house. I love running in the fall most of all. Hooray, I love the fall!

In an un-running related story, Calvin (my 5 year old) has a thing for infomercials. There have been many times where I get back from a run and instead of watching cartoons, he's found some sort of infomercial that he is completely sold on. i.e. "Mommy you have got to see this! You put the brownies in this pan and then they come out already cut up!" Well, today, Calvin discovered "The Scooter Store".

"Mommy, when I'm a REALLY old person, can I get a scooter from the scooter store? Puuuhlease?!" And, for the first time ever, in our history of infomercial discussions, Calvin received a yes answer. "Yes Calvin, when you're a REALLY old person you may shop at the scooter store." Hopefully he'll still be so excited about it when he's "so old".

10 comments:

P said...

I am also a huge fan of all things FALL (um, except fall-ing, that's bad)! We're sweating in 100 degree heat today, so I would love some fall temps, thanks!
Too funny about your son and the infomercials, my kids love those things, too, and I'm always explaining how stuff looks way better on tv than it works in real life.

Heather said...

That cracks me up...funny boy. Thanks for the input on my blog. I was hoping you'd comment! :)

The Turtle said...

I am so jealous of your cool weather. It will probably be months before fall arrives in Texas.

Zaneta said...

I'm getting really excited for fall too!! :D My boyfriend watches infomercials too lol... that's too funny about the scooter!! ;)

Rae said...

Haha! Love it!

dtharrison said...

Please tell Calvin that his friends at The Scooter Store say hello! My wife and I have 3 kids and when they were little they loved driving the scooters all over the store, ...into walls, over toes, ....everywhere :-). I hope Calvin never needs us for anything more than a joy ride.
Doug Harrison - Founder of The Scooter Store

Janet said...

The cool weather is probably gone today. It is supposed to heat back up. It does get you a little excited about fall though. The story about Calvin made me smile. Thanks

Runners Fuel said...

I love all those things about fall, too! I can't wait!

Zaneta said...

I wrote about you in my blog!! :D http://zanetaruns.blogspot.com/2010/08/long-weekend-and-first-blog-award.html

track coach and adorable wife said...

I love Fall too! Can't wait, especially since it leads right into the Christmas decorating season! Yay!

Your son can come hang out with me, I get really into infomercials too!