Monday, July 26, 2010

And the winner is....



Mrs. D at Running Into Healthy Happyness! Here's her winning comment (chosen randomly, but I must say, she gave a link to some pretty impressive & creative cakes).


Thanks to everyone else for entering and thanks for some amazing cake ideas. My son has decided he has his heart set on a Super Mario Bros. cake though, so it looks like I'll be going more in that direction. I have a couple more giveaways in the works, so if you don't like reading my blog simply for the sure joy of it (ha ha ha) maybe I can keep you to stay tuned for them....

We're still "vacationing" in Klamath Falls, spending time with my parents, my in-laws, and my grandma. I've got stuff scattered between all three houses and am starting to feel a little scattered myself. I misplaced my phone charger for 3 days, then I finally found it in my pillow case, (where I had put it of course, so that I wouldn't lose it!). Anyway, my husband takes the bar exam tomorrow and Wednesday (think happy thoughts for him), then he'll come down to visit for the weekend, we'll have a big birthday party for Calvin and then we'll all be going home!! Nothing makes me appreciate home like being away from it for so long. It will be good to be back.

As for running, I'm tired. I still don't think I've completely recovered from my long run on Saturday. Being away from home, I have been staying up way, way, way too late (as have my kids unfortunately) and I think it's hampering my recovery. I had considered getting up early, early to run this morning but opted to sleep instead. The sleep felt nice, but now I'm left trying to figure out when I'm going to get my 6 miles done without completely neglecting (or pawning off on someone else) my kids...

1 comment:

racing dawn said...

I have the same dilemma all the time. You know you need the extra sleep so you can function as a mom but need/want to get those miles in. It's amazing how sometimes I can sneak those miles in late at night after kids go to bed, even at 9 pm. Other than that my bag of tricks is empty! Just gotta keep pushing through!