Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Summary

It has been a few weeks since I've done a summary and since I can't seem to think of anything else to blog about I guess that's what you're going to get. I'm not feeling very creative or verbose though, so pretty much I think you'll just be getting the number (much more for my benefit than for your reading pleasure). So, without further ado, here's a glance at last week in numbers:

Miles Run: 27.3
Time: 4:00:13
Average Pace: 8:48
Yard Sales Organized: 1
Future Yard Sales Planned: 0, never, never, ever again...

Oh, yeah, I failed to mention I had a yard sale yesterday. I was hoping to not only clean out a bunch of stuff we didn't need but make a little money for a few mini summer adventures. Unfortunately it wasn't super successful, but at least it got our basement a little more organized and we did earn a little "wam" (walking around money) even if it wasn't as much as I had hoped for. (Big thanks, though to my mother-in-law for all her help in putting it on.)

This upcoming week will hopefully be a good one. I think that summer has finally hit here in Oregon as we've seen two consecutive days with not only sunshine but temperatures in the 70's. Emme's last day of school is Thursday and then we will officially be on summer vacation. We (the kids and I, Dan gets to stay behind to study for the bar) are leaving on Thursday to head to the coast for a week with my mom & grandma. It should be a great time!

Tomorrow will be the beginning of my half-marathon training program. I'm kind of excited to get back into a more structured plan. I've decided to go with the Smart Coach program from Runner's World. I might tweak it a little but for the most part it has what I'm looking for and will hopefully give me adequate preparation for my race in September. So, to keep me accountable, here is what my upcoming week entails:

M - 4mi @ 9:31
T - 4 mi @ 9:31
W - 5 mi, with 3 mi @8:00
R - 4 mi @ 9:31
F - rest/cross train
S - 9 mi @ 9:31
Su - rest

I think the hardest thing about this program will be slowing down my shorter runs, but I'll try my hardest. I'm also not sure about running four days in a row, I might switch it up to 3 and 2 instead... we'll see how it goes. Hope your week gets off to a great start. Happy Running!


3 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great plan. Good Luck!!

N.D. said...

sounds like a nice week - at first glance I thought you were talking about an ultra that you did and 4 hours was so impressive!! :) Either way it still is! Glad the yard sale helped your basement get a little more organized.

k2323 said...

My guess is that your half goal time is why faster than 2 hours, based on your times listed from Smart Coach! I'm so excited for you to start your training, it's way faster than I would (could!) do!