Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No Excuses


Today is National Running Day. Hooray! How have I celebrated so far? Well, instead of getting up when my alarm clock told me to, I slept in. Yeah, pretty great huh? It's national running day, where the "running community" is urging everyone, runner and non-runner alike, to get out there for a run, and I skipped mine. I knew when my alarm went off I should get up, I already had my clothes ready to go, but Jonny was sleeping so soundly as was everyone else and I decided to steal an extra hour or so of sleep. Honestly, had I realized what today was, I would've gotten up. I feel guilty enough when I miss a run, but to do it on the one and only running holiday, that's sacrilege! Best case scenario, I'll fit in a quick run between taking Calvin to school at 12 and picking Emme up at 1. It just seems wrong though, "fitting in" a run on this special running day. Today's run should be poetic and magical, long and planned or at the very least should have some meaning... well, I guess I'll take what I can get

So, no excuses... Get out there and run, even if you missed your run this morning or didn't have any plans to do so it's not too late! Happy Running!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I like you, turned off my alarm clock this morning and instead opted to get another hour of sleep. I didn't know it was a running holiday or I would have gotten up and did my 5 miles. I do plan on going this afternoon after I get off from work and get the girls and the hubs settled with dinner. I hope you had a wonderful run.

Teamarcia said...

I had every intention of starting my summer schedule of 5am runs, alas due to T'storms I was relegated to the mill. Happy Running Day!

Tara said...

I would have done the same thing...slept in if I could!!! I'm sure that you enjoyed the extra hour.

I ran a short 4 mile, but enjoyed every minute.

I hope you got your run in!!