Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Friday.... Hooray!

I really need to be packing. It shouldn't be hard since I haven't unpacked since our last trip (we got home on Monday) but still I'm putting it off. I had good intentions, even started getting things ready, but then I made the mistake of getting on the Internet to check the weather for this weekend and thought, well I'll just read a couple of blogs really quickly, which led to a couple more followed by a couple giveaways I just HAD to enter. One is for a couple of Sweaty Bands at Running on My Time and the other is for a Road ID at Endurance Isn't Only Physical. I really want both of these things, so I hope I win, but you should check them out and enter too. (Also some other great giveaways on my sidebar... check them out!)

Anyway, since I really need to get stuff ready I'll keep this short but here's what the weekend is looking like. We're headed to Klamath Falls tonight to stay at the in-laws. I have a 5K tomorrow at the Lake of the Woods run and my 5K is also doubling as my entry for Courtney's Virtual 5K Race benefiting LLS (I think you can still sign up for the virtual race, head over and check it out). I'm looking forward to it (although my dad just called to tell me the course is very hilly and they are supposed to have 25mph winds tomorrow.... yippee). I don't really know what to expect as I can't find any results from previous years. Emme and Calvin will also be running in their first ever races. There is a 1/2 mile kids dash at the race too. Emme is super excited, Calvin is excited to get a ribbon. It should be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Also for the weekend I WILL complete the Inperspire Bootcamp challenge #3. I only got about half of it done last weekend (I've got all kinds of excuses, but will spare you the drama) but will do it this weekend for sure. Here's what's on the challenge:
200 Jumping Jacks
300 Jump Ropes
50 High Knees
50 Side-to-side Lateral Jumps
50 Hop Scotch
100 Squats
100 Push Ups
100 Crunches
50 Rope Climbers
50 Heel Touches

You should totally head over to Inperspire and get on board for it. Should be an ab burning good time!!

Guess that's it for now. I'll let you know how the races go, maybe I'll be lucky and even though it's an out and back 5K the wind will be at my back the whole way and instead of being uphill both ways (as everything seems to be) it will be downhill the entire time! Here's to hoping for that as well as a new 5K PR! Happy Running!!


6 comments:

P said...

Well, I've never been sucked in by the internet before so I have no idea what you're talking about there... :P
Good luck on your 5K, here's hoping it's a PR! I love watching my kids do the fun runs, it's definitely one of those, "Okay, I am doing *something* right as a mom" moments.
Happy Race Weekend to you all!

gmontalvo13 said...

good luck on the virtual race, sounds like fun!

k2323 said...

Good luck in your 5k tomorrow!

BTW- It's National Donut Day today!

Kim

Dick said...

It's not really very hilly. There are a couple of small hills (the start and one little one in the middle) that won't bother you because you're in shape, but will probably KILL me! But that's okay...my will is filled out.

Tricia said...

hope youre having a great weekend!

Heather said...

Thanks for the heads up on the contest and thanks for stopping by.