Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Summary

I seem to have started a tradition of doing a weekly wrap up as this is my 3rd Sunday Summary in a row. So, since I'm sure you are all waiting with bated breath to find out how my week went, here you go:

Even though I'm not doing any set training plan at the moment, I've gotten into a routine the last several weeks of running 5 days a week with my rest days being Thursday & Sunday. I've been trying to average between 25 and 30 miles per week with a longish run on Wednesday followed up by my long run on Saturday. This has been working fairly well for me. That being said, this past week I started it off by missing my Monday run, which meant I was playing catch up the rest of the week. I managed to get my mileage in but it meant that I ran 5 days in a row. At the time, it didn't really seem so bad, but I'm am really burnt out today and I think that the loss of a rest day mid-week is partly to blame... that and staying up too late Friday & Saturday playing the wii without the kids. :P

Here's a look at my numbers:

Miles run: 28.11
Time: 4:05:39
Avg Pace: 8:44
Snails sacrificed to the running gods in hopes of getting a fast 10K time: more than one!

This coming week will hopefully be fairly uneventful. Dan starts bar prep (thus ends the "Week of Dan") and will be gone most of the day every day Monday through Saturday. Nothing going on at the kids' schools and no appointments. I'm really excited because tomorrow the outdoor pool not too far from my home, opens for lap swim! Since they have hours beginning at 5:30am I think I will probably sacrifice my morning run sans stroller to go to the pool and then get a stroller run in later with the 2 littlest ones while Emme & Calvin are both in school. Although, I guess I could be really motivated and run even earlier before my swim, hmmm.....

In non-running news, tonight is the Series Finale of Lost!! I am so excited... mostly because I can't wait for it to be over. I have a fairly short attention span and we have been watching Lost for a very long time. I will not be sad for it to finally end and since I'm fully expecting it to be fairly anti-climactic I'll have nothing to be disappointed about. If I only lived on the East Coast like most of you seem to it would already be over and I'd be able to get on with my life...

Anyway, have a great week. Happy Running!



3 comments:

Tortuga_Runner said...

Love the week wrap up, think I am going to start doing that myself. As for non-running news, I am so sad! I feel completely invested in LOST and am watching the shows recap on DVR prior to the actual final episode. Ok, multitasking by blogging and watching the recap. I too have a short attention span, but have been a very faithful LOST follower.

autumn said...

good for you all runny and cross-trainy AND mommy! i used to keep my phone in my bra until it got so much sweat on it it had electrical issues.

misszippy said...

Great wrap-up. I'd go with the swim/stroller jog combo too--makes sense!