Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Summary

It's been another busy, yet great week. Dan took his final final of law school... super hooray for that! It's been a long time coming... for the first time in the almost 9 years we've been together, neither one of us are students anymore! I feel so grown up (as if having 4 kids didn't do that for me). He's got a week off ("The Week of Dan") then bar prep starts and he'll be busier for the rest of the summer than he has been during the past 3 years of school but I'm sure it will all pay off in the end.

As for running, it was a really nice week weather wise, so I took the opportunity to get a few runs in after the sun came up. I still haven't decided which I prefer, running early, early in the morning by myself or trying to fit it in sometime during the few hours my oldest two are in school and pushing the younger two in BOB. Once school gets out, in a month, I won't have an option, early morning it will be, so I better get in those afternoon runs while I can.

Anyway, here's a recap in numbers:

Miles run: 28.95
Time: 4 hours, 17 minutes, 28 seconds
Avg Pace: 8:53
Hours spent sweeping the hardwood: many
"Better Than Sex" Cakes eaten: 1/2 entirely by myself... yikes!
(I'll admit, it's pretty good & filling, but maybe not quite so "fulfilling" as the name might imply :P)

As for this coming week, I don't really have any expectations. My actual training doesn't begin until 6/15 so right now I'm just trying to build up my base. So far my longish run is at 8 miles give or take and I think I'll keep it there for a few more weeks while building up my shorter runs. I did sign up for another virtual race at Racing with Babes. I'm doing the 10K Rock your Socks event which I'm excited about, if for no other reason than I'll have an excuse to put on a running skirt and knee high socks and run around the neighborhood. It will be my first 10K race so I'm looking forward to seeing how I can do at a longer racing distance... should be fun.

There are some great giveaways going on out there, check out my sidebar and don't forget to enter mine if you haven't yet. Click HERE. Hope your week gets off to a great running (ha ha cheesy pun) start.

2 comments:

misszippy said...

Love that cake statistic! Oh, good job on the running too!

Janet said...

Congrats to Dan!! Have a great week.