Monday, May 17, 2010

Should I Feel Guilty?

I'm not sure if I feel guilty or not. It's now working on 3:30pm and I haven't gotten my run in. I don't see it happening either. My littlest one's normal schedule was all out of order last night so I didn't get up early to run thinking I would work it in later. However, we had dentist appointments and playgroup and it just hasn't happened. Normally I would be freaking out that on the first day of my week I'm already behind on my mileage but since I don't have a set plan for this week I guess I'm okay with it... and I'm tired so one more rest day probably won't hurt me, although I'm definitely regretting all that cake I ate yesterday! (I do feel guilty about that.)

8 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Should you feel guilty? With 4 children under 6, a Noni, a husband in law school, a Noni oldschool activities,a Noni, your calling at church, and did I mention being mother to Miss Noni who as papa says is a real pistol. No you should not feel guilty. By the way what kind of cake was it?

misszippy said...

Nah! Life gets in the way sometimes. It's good to read what your body needs, in this case rest. You'll be fine.

Tara said...

I wouldn't feel too guilty, your body and mind need a break, especially after such a busy day! No one can ever get it all in. Kudos to those who do, but everyone needs to realize that life DOES get in the way!

Tortuga_Runner said...

I live in a perpetual state of guilt, if you're only taking one more day of rest you are good. I on the other have a few more "non-workout" days I am trying to overcome. Enjoy the rest.

Teamarcia said...

I've so been there, last week actually. The week is young, you've got plenty of time to make up for the missed run. I vote no on the guilt!

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Don't feel guilty! Kids and family always (or almost always) come first. You'll make it up later in the week : )

N.D. said...

I try to just think - I'll make it up the next day. Sounds like you could use the day off.

ajh said...

You sound pretty busy. I wouldn't feel guilty. I saw your comments on other blogs and liked your bright blue shoes! How superficial is that!