Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On the mend... hopefully.

I think for the most part I'm feeling quite a bit better today, which is good because now Dan is very sick and Calvin has a fever and had to stay home from school. Hopefully it is just some little 24-48 hour bug and we'll all be back to our chipper selfs by the weekend. Thanks for all the well wishes.

I'm jonesing for a run and could probably head out tomorrow but I think I'll take the rest of the week off. There is a 4 mile Memorial Day race that I was contemplating running on Monday, it goes right by my house and I could do a warm-up to the start line but I'll pass on it too. It won't hurt for me to be completely over this funk and give my Achilles more rest before I head out again. I am already registered for a 5k on the 5th of June so maybe I'll just consider this a taper as I doubt I'll get much mileage in next week either. Course, if I'm going to go on a two week taper for a 5k I might have to try extra hard for a PR.

Anyway, enough about me. Katye over at Long Legs on the Loose is doing a fun giveaway for a Road ID and/or 2XU Compression Calfguards... both great prizes! You can and should check it out here. It's going to be one of those rare giveaways where the winner chosen won't be left to the random fates of the universe but will instead be at Katye's complete discretion. So, if the stars have to align in order for you to get the luck of the draw this giveaway could be for you

2 comments:

Janet said...

I hope you really are on the mend. Like you said it will be quite a taper but I hope you do well next weekend. I'll be watching you. :o)

Lisa said...

Hi Laurie,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Yep, it looks like the consensus is to run the half in July. Now I just have to decide to do it or not lol.