Monday, May 24, 2010

A lot of procrastination & a fair amount of OUCH!

I tend to put things off until the last possible minute. This usually works for me as I do my best under pressure. My final year of college I would allow myself just the absolute minimum amount of time to work on my papers before they were due... usually not beginning until around midnight then pulling an all nighter, skipping all other classes and rushing to my professors office to get it in before the deadline. Needless to say, not the best way to do things. I have gotten a little bit better, being responsible for 4 kids will do that to a person, but I'm still not the best at it. Even better than my procrastination is the excuses I can come up with to put things off... trust me I make some good ones!

Anyway, Friday night, as I was putting off going to bed I came across the Inperspire Virtual Boot Camp challenge and signed up... what fun, I thought! I didn't do any of it Friday because I had my virtual race early Saturday and wanted to be "rested". Then after my race on Saturday, I was a little bit worn out so I only did a few jumping jacks (I thought my kids would want to do them with me, but they just laughed at me) and some of the push ups, a couple sit ups but not much. This left almost all of the challenge left to be completed Sunday. No problem, I told myself, I can do it... it's a rest day anyway and I have the whole day to spread it out across, no problem.

Well, yesterday morning rolled around about the same time I thought it would be fun to roll down the stairs. Yep, you read that right I fell down our stairs. Not only did I do that, I fell down them and promptly passed out. Luckily Dan came to see what was going on and caught me before I could face plant on the hardwood. I'm fine, minus a pretty bruised ego and a very bruised whole right side and a possibly dislocated elbow that popped back into place with a fair amount of pain about 10 minutes later... but enough about that. By the time Sunday afternoon rolled around, I was nursing a killer headache (and a cranky baby... might have contributed slightly to the headache :P) and thought the challenge might be done for. However, a couple super strength Tylenol and 4 kids in their beds later I managed to get in the rest of the challenge requirements during commercials for Lost.

Short story long... I finished the challenge and feel deserving of the badge at the top of the page.
300 jumping jacks - check
300 jump ropes - check
200 sit ups - check
100 push ups - check!

I am however quite sore today... some is from the push ups and sit ups but as most of the stiffness seems to be on the right side of my body I fear most of it is from my adventures in stair surfing!

7 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

OH MY WORD. I am so sorry. I hope you are doing better today. Is there anything you need? Do I need to come up and babysit YOU!
Great job on your challenge. I am so impressed that you even attempted it after your fall. You are so amazing. Let us know if you need something.

EricaH said...

Ouch, you definitely earned that badge. :)

Tricia said...

great job getting it done

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I love reading your blog! I can't believe you fell down the stairs though! It must have been after church? Way to go with the boot camp, 100 push ups sounds like a killer. By the way, a couple posts back about where you keep your phone when running- definitely going to have to try that. I've never thought of that. :) Hope the soreness and bruising gets better quickly!

MCM Mama said...

Glad you are ok from the fall.

I have to admit I finished my jumping jacks after 10 last night...

Karma Girl said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't know you fell down the stairs! I don't know how you did the challenge -- I had a tough time completing it without falling down the stairs. You deserve two badges for this accomplishment :)

Tortuga_Runner said...

Sorry about the fall, but we could be kindered spirits. You described my college years to the T and I am fairly sure if I had stairs this would happen to me quite often. So, were all your questions answered with the final episode of LOST?