Friday, May 7, 2010

Lazy Alarm Clock

My little alarm clock didn't wake up for his morning meal until after 6:30 this morning so I didn't get a run in before the day began. I can't complain though, it's been a long time since I slept all the way through the night. I think I was asleep by 10:30 so that's an entire 8 hours!! Like I said, I really can't be sad about missing out on an early morning run... sometimes extra sleep is just wonderful!

Since I've decided that I don't want to miss out on running all together today (I already took yesterday off) I'm going to head out with BOB (my double stroller) and Leona & Jonny. My plan is that we'll walk Calvin to school then the other 2 and I will head out for a run. I'm actually kind of excited. It's been a long time since I last ran in the middle of the day. In addition, it's supposed to be in the 60's by lunch time so it should be a pretty pleasant run. I plan to do one of my riverbank routes that I don't feel safe running by myself in the wee morning hours, so that's even more to be excited about. It will also be the first time I've taken BOB out for a "real" run... I look forward to see how he really handles since I've talked him up so much already. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Tara said...

There is something to be said about getting a FULL eight hours sleep at night, especially when you have a little one at home. Ahhhh.

Congrats on your virtual 5K time from the post below. That's awesome!

Stephanie said...

The riverbank routes are so gorgeous! I definitely miss all the scenery of running in Eugene. I'm glad you were able to get an entire night's sleep in. That sort of this SHOULD be enjoyed. :)