Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Day at the Track

Today was my oldest daughter's annual school fundraising jog-a-thon. It was a beautiful day for it too. The other 3 kids and I had the opportunity to go meet her and do a few laps ourselves.

Here are some pictures from our outing:

Leona mostly enjoyed running down the long jump ramp and into the sand:
She was good for a couple laps around the track though:
Calvin was an animal, he just took off by himself and ended up getting in 5 laps during the 15 minutes we were there... that included about a 5 minute break after he had a pretty nasty spill (he got in the way of a 5th grader). I was truly impressed, he was probably running somewhere between 9:30/10 minute pace. Not too bad for a 4 year old. Best part was he had a great time doing it!!


A much deserved high 5 from the duck.
All in all, it was a perfect track day. Emme completed 11 laps, one shy of 3 miles, but that's okay, because she was "saving herself" for her soccer match this evening. Plus all her donations were straight pledges, so she raised the same amount regardless of how many laps she completed.


6 comments:

Heather said...

Good job Emme! I can't believe how grown up your kids are, Laurie!

me/mom/NANA said...

We can make a donation. For some reason we knew nothing about it.
Good job everyone.

Courtney said...

Hey Laurie! I saw your comment on my post and you can definitely use your race time for my virtual race. :)

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

How sweet! So cool to find other moms with big families addicted to running! : )

Dick said...

Good job, Emme! I'm looking forward to watching you in track meets and soccer matches in the near future. Calvin and Noni did pretty well too...tell them "good job" also.

Janet said...

Great running!! Good job Emme. I love the pictures, lots of good athletes in your family.