Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Everyone suffers...

when mommy is sick.myspace layouts codes



After being really achy these past few days, I finally decided it couldn't still be from my stair sliding adventure so I pulled out the thermometer. Sure enough 101.8. While nothing to rush to the doctor over, it's still enough to make me be freezing cold, exceptionally achy, desirous to lounge in my bed all day (or at least my jammies since bed isn't an option with 4 kids) and downright unmotivated! Can you say too many cartoons, quick fix freezer meals (ie frozen pizza, chicken nuggets), unfolded laundry or better yet dirty clothes worn to school? Not too mention no running yesterday, today or probably even tomorrow.
I did send my mom a text to let her know I had a fever and the chills (which makes me think of one of my favorite cheesy 80's movies, (the fever & chills part, not calling my mom... to my knowledge she's never been a naughty nurse)...
Ferris Bueller anyone?) and that she should come up an take care of me (me, her 30 year old daughter with 4 kids of her own) but she never responded... guess she doesn't love me... ha ha just kidding mom. Anyway, so much for my grand plans of lap swimming and running daily this week...

In other sad news, I think there is a decent chance I have bilateral Achilles tendonitis. Its something I have been ignoring for quite a while. However, while wallowing around in my unmotivation yesterday, I finally googled my symptoms and was a little disturbed with the results... especially the part about not ignoring it (or of course any injury, which I know) or it could lead to chronic tendinopathy or even tendon rupture. Yikes! Needless to say, I'll probably try to get it checked out and for now follow the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) recommendations. Maybe its a good thing I've finally come down with whatever funky fungus one of my kidlings brought home from nursery or school and don't even feel like running. Have any of you ever had any Achilles problems?

Anyway, enough of my pity party... if you're looking for some good race reports head over to Racing with Babes where you can find multiple reports from the Virtual Rock Your Socks event all in the same place, plus some pretty awesome sock pictures! Good stuff...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh no! Well, this will be your chance to take it easy and slow down a bit. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Don't worry. Kids can go a long time on tv dinners and dirty clothes. ;)

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Boo to all of the above! Take it easy and watch out for that ankle!

Dick said...

I don't know if your mom will respond, but I DO know that after being married to her for 33 years I never met the "naughty nurse"...and I've been sick more than once!

Take care of your Achilles, Laurie! Your don't want to wind up where I was last year.

Courtney said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! :)