Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We have lift off...

Please turn off all electronic devices, fasten your trays and put your seat in an upright position... (please excuse the airplane reference... kind of an inside joke)

Anyway, I went out for my first "flight" this morning and it was great!! After I fed Jonny at 5:30, I laced up my "purple people eater" shoes and headed out. I was really nervous all last night, which is kind of silly but there was a lot of pressure riding on this first run back post baby. I have been so looking forward to running and talking it up, what if it didn't pan out?!? Apparently my fears were uncalled for as all went well. Granted I have a long way to go, I can't expect take off 3 months, deliver a baby and then automatically be back in shape... it's going to take a while, but at least I got out there and it felt so good. Actually, it felt good enough that I came home and immedietly registered for the Eugene Women's Half Marathon that I have been contemplating. Since the registration fee goes up in a few weeks I figured there was no time like the present to get registered (especially while still up on my first run, post baby runner's high), so I did it.

Also, while feeling so motivated I signed up for a virtual race to take place on May 5th via Tall Mom on the Run's blog. It's a virtual Race for the Cure and she's calling it 3 High 5's as it is a $5 donation and will be on 5/5. If you'd like to participate, check out the post here. I also entered a challenge on another blog, Run to the Finish, that I think will be good for me. You should check it out too. It's called the "3 Changes Challenge".

Anyway, I think that's enough for now, plus Jonny is telling me that it is past time to feed him, so I better get to that. I'll just say that I'm happy to be running so be prepared to hear a lot more about it.

7 comments:

Janet said...

Congrats!! you are up and running again.

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

Yeah glad you joined the challenge and way to rock your first run back!!

i am excited to come to seattle for RNR in June that will really be my first time in your area at all!

Dick said...

Glad you're able to start running again, Laurie. Are you up for Lake of the Woods in June?

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I'm so glad you're feeling good and finally attacking it. :)

Judi said...

Just found your blog! I have four kids too. Congrats on your first run back after the birth of your baby! After my fourth baby I started running very soon after his birth and that was the best thing I did and wish I had done it that way after the other three!

Look forward to following your journey!

Judi :)

Tricia said...

thanks for posting my giveaway :)

great job with the run!

me/mom/NANA said...

I am not surprised you are out running already. You inspire me. As soon as it gets above freezing I am going to start walking. I hope you are still planning on joining the styles girls on August 14 for my first 5K run in Portland.