Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Totally Tardy Tuesday

Better late than never, right?! I don't know what it is about today, but I've just been running behind all day long. I got up later than normal (a little after 5, still not exactly sleeping in, but nonetheless...), ended up getting Emme to school late, took longer on my run than I thought I would, got Calvin to school late, took too long at the store and almost was late coming home to meet Emme after school, took too long making dinner and made Emme late to soccer practice. Now, it's after 8pm and I'm just barely getting this Tuesday post put together, hence the title.

I really didn't think it would be too hard to blog everyday. I guess it's harder than it seems. Especially since I'm trying to stick to my whole alliteration theme. I had a nice post planned around "Technical Talk Tuesday" where I would post pictures of all my cool running gadgets and talk about them. I had it all figured out while I was running, but never got the pictures taken and now I'm just not feeling it, maybe some other time. Instead, I'm just going to ramble for a while...

I love running in the rain. I was thinking about it this morning while I was running... during one of the only times it wasn't raining today. I was trying to figure out why I enjoy it so much. I came up with two main reasons: 1. I feel hardcore. When I'm out there in a torrential downpour people look at me differently (kind of a "what the hell is that crazy person doing" look.. which in all reality isn't much different than how people normally look at me) and it makes me feel good. and 2. I have an excuse to go puddle jumping. When one reaches a certain age (probably 30) it is generally considered immature to splash around in mud puddles (unless with kids, then it's always okay).

Running in a rainstorm or shortly thereafter, gives me free reign to splash around as much as I desire. I love it. Today, I was not disappointed there were plenty of puddles (small lakes really) to slosh through. It's supposed to rain all week too, so I should get my fill. Hopefully it will all clear up by Sunday morning though, not sure the marathoners would appreciate 26.2 miles in it.

Speaking of the Eugene Marathon, I will be on the right side of the course shortly before the 1 mile marker with a sign or two cheering you all on. I might even coerce one of my kids to make some noise with a duck call, so be on the lookout. Right now I know of two people running Tall Mom and Autumn (good luck ladies!), if anyone else wants some personalized cheering, let me know...

3 comments:

Janet said...

I think you like to run in the rain also because you were in middle school in Toledo (an early part of your running career) and it rained at pretty much all of your track meets.

k2323 said...

I'll be running the Half on Sunday (way behind Tall Mom!) Enjoy the rain this week because it just can't rain on Sunday!

Tara said...

LOL. I like running in the rain too! I've never thought of it as an excuse to go puddle jumping, but ok, I like that idea!