Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just a Tease

The weather here yesterday was absolutely beautiful. Today it is supposed to be cold and rainy. I've decided that I would rather have cold and rainy days nonstop until it was time for it to be nice and sunny instead of these random nice days mixed in here and there. I should probably appreciate the occasional warm, sunny days we get but I don't, they just seem mean. I love the nice days but I get my hopes up that they are going to stick around and we will get to have fun playing outside for days on end. It's not true though. The weather is just teasing me. I can hear it laughing at me, "Ha ha Laurie, you're going to get your hopes up... you're going to enjoy today so much that you'll make fun plans for tomorrow. But, tomorrow, I'm going to show you. I'm going to have the high barely top today's low and I'm going to drown you in rain. Ha ha ha, I'll show you." Pretty mean, I know. The best part is, as I sit her typing this, the sun is blinding me through the dining room window, but I know it is another tease because out the living room window I can see dark ominous clouds. Yes, despite the 70 degree, sun shiny weather we had yesterday, today will be a high of 49 with heavy rain. Boooo.

I did enjoy yesterday though. We walked Calvin to and from preschool, which made a little over 3 miles total. I want to go running so badly. It was so great to be out there doing something, even if it was only walking. There were so many runners out though, we were getting passed left and right... I hate getting passed.

Enough negative, feeling sorry for myself. I am super excited because I won a giveaway! I won the Bondi Band giveaway on Lauri's, Running for Good blog. It's always great to win something but I'm super excited about this because I recently cut my hair and these hair bands will be perfect for me. I can't wait until they come. I'll post some super sexy (ha ha) pictures of myself when they do.

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Oh the Weather... I love Spring, most days.

Oh I would LOVE LOVE any encouragement you can provide.. Love signs too :)

I will be posting my race outfit, once I figure out what it is ;) That way you can spot me in the crowd.