Friday, April 30, 2010

Four 5's for Friday

I mentioned this briefly a few posts back, but thought it could use a little more press. I will be running my first ever virtual race and my first race post baby coming up on Wednesday. It should be a great time. It is a race through Tall Mom's blog, you can check it out (and sign up for yourself) here.

Here are the abbreviated facts. May 5th a 5K for a $5 donation to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. (5/5/5/5... hence "Four 5's for Friday")

As I mentioned, I've never participated in a virtual race before. To my knowledge, all I need to do, is plan my race course, run & time it, take a few pictures and post a race report. I think it will be a lot of fun. It should be interesting to see how well I can race a 5K without anyone around me. It will definitely be a great way to get back into racing... not so much pressure. I'm not sure where I want to do my course yet. I'd like to do it somewhere nice and flat but at the same time I'll probably be doing it early Wednesday morning, so I won't want to have to go too far from my home. That means that there will be at least one semi-uphill. Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. Anyway, it's for a great cause and should be a lot of fun. Look for a race report next Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyway, happy Friday. Looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Best of luck to all the Eugene half & full marathoners on Sunday. I'll be out cheering you on.

(only 2 more days left of posting alliteratively every day... hooray!)

3 comments:

Judi said...

Thanks for the reminder about the Virtual Race - I haven't ever done one either. I just may have to participate too. Have a great weekend!

Judi :)

Tara said...

I haven't done any virtual races either, maybe I'll sign up for one once I am done w/ my marathon.

Have a great weekend!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

virtual races are fun, especially if you get the kids involved by making signs!