Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some Details (read at your own risk)

Thought I'd give you some details about our big day yesterday. Not too many details, but a few (wouldn't want to gross you out). I started having contractions fairly consistently around 11pm on the 4th. We headed into the hospital around 2:30am and were finally admitted about 3:15. For a bit, I was worried that they were going to send me home. It took a while for things to get really going. The doctor broke my water around 5am which actually seemed to slow things down. I got an epidural around 9am (oh sweet relief... I was really hurting by that point) and was finally in a position to push the little monster out around 10:40am. He still wasn't too cooperative though as he managed to get his head out but got hung up on his shoulders. In all honesty, it scared just about everyone in the room... but long story short he was born at 10:55am and has been doing quite well ever since. Here are a few pictures:





Luckily, he has been sleeping and eating very well and overall seems to be a content little guy. I could go home today but will probably milk my time in the hospital for all it's worth (I have a nice quiet little room tucked away in a corner and they bring me meals in bed 3 times a day, in addition to changing the majority of what seems to be a lot of poopy diapers... what more could I ask for?!). Thanks for all the well wishes, hope to catch up with everyone soon.

6 comments:

Marci said...

Yay!! Let the recoveries begin. He is so cute. I can't wait to get our little rugrats together.

Elizabeth said...

So so so cute. Enjoy every minute you can in the hospital. Let the nurses help you out as much as they will. You'll do your fair share as soon as you get home. Take time for yourself while you can get it.

Elizabeth said...

Kyler: "O, I like that kind of baby!"

MaKenna: "O, He's cute. When can we go see him?"

autumn said...

congratulations! he's soo cute! i better get started on casseroles for everyone :)

Callie. said...

Congrats, Laurie! I saw on Marci's blog that you had your baby and came looking over here. He is such a cute baby and I am glad he seems content and everything is going well. Congrats again! Yay for no longer being pregnant! :)

Stephanie said...

Ah, I missed it by a day. Shucks. But, I'm so happy for you to no longer be pregnant and to have your new will boy with you. I hope that you are able to get all the rest you can while milking out your hospital stay. Take care!