Sunday, March 14, 2010

Anxious

I am quite anxious for many things. So, here are my random thoughts:

I am very much looking forward to feeling 100% recovered so that I can get 100% back in to shape. I think for the most part I'm "bouncing back" fairly quickly but my mind is way ahead of my body and is dying to get out and do some running. I know that my body isn't quite up to it yet though... so I'll wait. It's hard though, especially as it gets sunnier outside. The runners are out in full force and as they run by my house I can feel them taunting me, "look what we're doing... don't you wish you were out here too?" In addition, we splurged on a new double jogger (my old one really was done) and I can't wait to take it out for a spin. (Don't worry, there will be a whole blog post devoted just to it in the near future.) I've also pretty much decided that I want to run the Eugene Women's Half Marathon in September, so I'd like to get out and start training for that. And, if all goes well, and since we'll still be here next spring (Dan got the judicial clerkship position at the courthouse... hurray!), I'd also like to look into the 2011 Eugene Marathon.

I'm also anxious for summer. I'm happy that it is still cool enough that I can cover up my post baby belly with lots of layers and sweatshirts, but I'm tired of the rain and the cold and am looking forward to things drying out a bit. My kids (for their sanity and mine) could use a few hours playing at the park in the sunshine instead of being sequestered to the basement.

Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the end of this school year. I can't wait for Calvin to get out of preschool... for so many reasons (I'll just leave it at that). Dan is so close to the end of school, I can't believe it. In just a few short months he will be finished with his education. For the first time since we've been together (8+ years) we won't be students. I guess it will finally be time to act more grown up and do grown up things (because having 4 kids doesn't qualify?) like buy a car and maybe a house?!? All I know is that I'm excited!! What really makes it great is his last bit of school won't be too stressful because he has a job!!

As for everything else, it's going well. Did I mention Dan got a job?!? (I'm just a little excited.) Jonny is a little over a week and seems to be getting into a good routine at home. Leona absolutely adores him and is constantly making sure that he is okay and has everything he needs, right when he needs it. If she doesn't smother him first, I think they will get along quite well when he's older. We're all anxious for that.

Here's a pic, just because:




Oh, and lately, it seems it wouldn't be a post if I didn't have a link to a great running giveaway. Check this one out at "I Run Because... I Can".

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to read things are going well. Although it's great that Daniel got a job - I was really hoping for Colorado. I'll still hope, but will have to wait another year.

Janet said...

No doubt that you'll be out there with your new jogging stroller as soon as you possibly can.

EricaH said...

Thanks for the link. Congrats on your little one almost makes me want another baby, almost, my youngest is 2.
You will up and running in no time. Yay for new jogging strollers.:) Have a great week.