Friday, March 19, 2010

2 Weeks and counting...

Today Jonny had his 2 week check-up. Everything checked out okay. It is actually the third time he's been to the doctor since leaving the hospital less than 2 weeks ago (went in last week for his circumcision, then back earlier this week to make sure all was well with that), so he was an old pro at it and barely fussed at all when they were poking at him. Unlike Calvin and Emme who were topping the charts at his age and quite contrary to Leona who was bringing up the tail end of the height/weight/head circumference spectrum, Jonny is perfectly content to be dead center in the 50th percentile. In case you're in to numbers, here are his stats: height 20.4", weight 8lbs 14oz, and head circ. 36.9cm.

Here is a picture of the brave boy just chillin' on the table:


And, one with a cool "warming diaper" on his foot to get the blood flowing for his PKU test:


Sorry, this one's sideways, but this is Leona and Jonny out for their first stroll in our new Cadillac of strollers. I can't wait to really try it out


We're super excited for spring break. We (the kids and I) will be heading south where Emme & Calvin will chill with Nana and Papa, while Leona, Jonathan and I go to Reno with my parents to watch my little brother play some baseball. Poor Dan gets to stay behind and work on his big paper so he can graduate in a short while. I think we'll have a great time (the kids and I that is) and hopefully get a little sunshine.

In running news, I'm dying to get out and do it, especially with this warm weather we've been having. My dad is running the Pear Blossom 5k on April 10th and suggested I join him, but despite my desire to take him up on the challenge I don't think I'll be quite ready for that yet. It is quite tempting though...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Laurie, he's so cute! So glad everyone is healthy - and what a fun little get away! Enjoy!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Congrats on the little guy! He's super cute.