Friday, February 26, 2010

Race for Bronze?

I suppose racing for third place isn't so bad. Despite my competitive spirit and the fact that I had the 2nd earliest due date of my group of pregnant friends I have been pushed to 3rd place at best and have resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably walk away with 4th.

Kailyn Trista, 7lbs 8 oz 19 1/2 inches was born on the 24th at 11:45 pm followed by
Susannah Joyce, 7lb 1.8 oz 9 1/2 inches on the 25th at 3:59am.
(Congratulations ladies.)

So, now it's down to Marci and me, at least to the best of my knowledge. I suppose she could've sneaked into the hospital in the middle of the night. I would imagine that since she is also having a girl she will snag the bronze. It seems to me that boys tend to be a little bit more stubborn. Calvin, didn't come until 6 days after his due date and even then he required a little coercion to acquiesce. If we were to follow that pattern I wouldn't be looking at even setting foot in the hospital until the 10th. That seems like a long time from now.

Dan goes in for his big interview in a few hours. After that, we will have made it through the week. Tomorrow his mom will be here to stay with us, so really anytime after noon on Saturday, everything (except my mom, she won't be back in the state until the 1st) will be in place for me to go into labor. I'm sure I'll keep you updated... I'll try not to get too whiney.

2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

PLEASE...just wait 72 more hours. I know that seems like a long time and it really isn't up to me, but it would work out best if you were to just work with us on this and have the baby 12:.01 on the First of March. You can be pretty headstrong I am told so I know you can do this. If not then I will just have to hold that baby for both grandmas. Enjoy the last few days of just having 3 little ones around to drive you nuts. Thing will change soon enough and in a BIG way. Bless you, sweetie.

Marci said...

Don't worry, I'm still waddling. I'm actually feeling pretty energetic so that probably means at least another couple of days. I'm contemplating going for a walk to see if I can initiate something. If not, I guess it will still be fun to be out on a sunny afternoon. Good luck to you!