Monday, February 8, 2010

Emme's Party & Other Pics

This weekend, we finally were able to have Emme's birthday party. Her birthday is the day after Christmas so we thought we'd have a party in January with her friends, but due to many other class birthday parties, we weren't able to get Emme's scheduled until February. It was the first "real" birthday party we've thrown and it ended up being pretty fun. She wanted a Hawaiian theme, which worked well, because my grandma hooked us up with all of the decorations left over from her Hawaiian themed 4th of July party. Emme had a great time and out of the 5 kids she invited 4 showed up, so it worked well... I can't imagine having more than that.

The Guests: Ailin, Emme, Cali, Jing
Calvin, Leona, Ailin, Emme, Jing, Emma & Cali
Playing, musical seashells... Dan had to "referee"

"Pin the Flower on the Hula Girl"
Leona insisted on playing too, not just doing it, but being blindfolded and spun around, unfortunately her reach wasn't quite high enough.
The cake.
Probably the most pictures of it, because Dan liked it so much and took them. I will admit I was pretty proud of the way it turned out. Really not too hard to do either.



Blowing out the candles.
Here are just some other random pictures because I love my kids and think they're cute.




I realize that I still haven't posted Christmas pictures... it might never happen.

2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

That is a beautiful cake and you should be proud of it. It looks like the party was a big success. You can post all the pictures of the kids you want. You are so right they are BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait to see you all in a few days and for the new baby's arrival.

Janet said...

What a fun party! It looks like everyone had a good time, including the referee. :o)