Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ugh! (Just a bunch of whining.)

Let me just say that I detest maternity clothes. I hate the way the pants fit. I hate the way the shirts fit. I hate the way I look in them. I see other pregnant people and they look all cute and comfortable in their maternity clothes. I'm sure they probably feel the same way I do (maybe they don't... then I really loath them) but they hide it well.

With each of my pregnancies, I have gone in search of the perfect pair of jeans. Nothing makes me feel better than wearing a really great pair of jeans... I really miss that feeling. This pregnancy, I had the good chance of finding two pairs of jeans that I thought just might cut it, but I was wrong. I hate them both. The first pair that I thought I'd love have this full-sized elastic "hidden panel" thing that makes my belly itch and really doesn't stay up. The other pair, I got more recently (just last week) for super cheap and I loved them. Not so much anymore, they're awful. They won't stay up, they're too short and in all honesty, despite how many times I wash them they kind of smell funny. (Guess that's what I get for shopping the clearance racks at Ross.)

Usually, even when not pregnant, if I'm hating my clothes, wearing a cool pair of shoes can make me feel better. However, right now I can barely reach my feet to put shoes on let alone tie them or see them to admire their cuteness.

Since Calvin and Leona were both born in July, by the time I got to this point (the point were my body disgusts me and I want to hide in bed all day) it was nice and hot outside and I lived in shorts and skirts and tees and for the most part stayed relatively comfortable (despite the heat). Not to mention the fact that I was going to lap swim and lounging around in the wading pool where at least my whale-like body could become nice and tanned. I think I've decided that I'm not a very big fan of winter/early spring babies. Being pregnant in the winter makes it so that when I feel my biggest and most uncomfortable I'm also a pasty white beached whale with no wading pool to lounge in. Emme was, of course, a winter baby, but she was my first and it seems that everything about your first child is magical... plus there is no way I was as big with her as I am now.

Anyway, I think that's probably enough of a pity party for one post, I'm sure you get the idea. I'm big. I'm uncomfortable. I have nothing that I want to wear. I still have around 6 more weeks of feeling this way and worse. Poor me...

2 comments:

Dick said...

I haven't been around you for extended periods of time during your pregnancies, but since you lived with us for 17 or so years I can't imagine you EVER looking like a beached whale. I'm sure you always look good...you have great taste in clothes, and at 7 1/2 months don't look as pregnant as a lot of women at 4 months.

Janet said...

Don't worry, it's really almost over. :o)