Sunday, January 17, 2010

Noni to Nursery!

Since Leona is now 18 months old, she gets to go to nursery at church. Today was her big day and she was super excited so she got up early and did her hair in fancy pigtails then decided to have a photo shoot. The location wasn't ideal, but I think she figured no one would care about the background (or the dirty bottoms of her feet, yikes!... I swear we sweep our floors regularly) as long as they could see her cute face.

Towards the end of the shoot, she decided she needed to bring a little more attitude into her pics.
This was the fiercest pose of all her frames. I think she calls it her "Tiger" pose.
Funny thing is, that was also the face I think the nursery leaders saw the most of.

For the most part, though, nursery went well for her. She actually fell asleep in the car on the way to church, so she was a little groggy & grumpy when we got there. However, despite intermittent crying fits, she had fun playing with toys and eating snacks and was able to stay in class for the whole 2 hours. I did hear that she refused to join in on singing time though, she held a silent thumb sucking protest in opposition, but at least she wasn't crying. I think next week will go better... of course it could be worse since she will know we're going to leave her. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Janet said...

The pictures are great!! I love the tiger pose.

Dick said...

What a cutie! Looks kind of like a little blonde girl we had to contend with about 28 1/2 years ago.