Monday, January 4, 2010

No Resolutions

I think that I just might be the "New Year Grinch". I'm not a big fan. I stayed up (after sleeping through a really boring movie from about 9 to 11) until midnight, even watched the ball drop... I just don't get the excitement. Maybe it's just because this New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful. I spent it with my mom and grandma watching movies (or sleeping through them). Emme & Calvin had a sleep over at Nana & Papa's, Leona had a really late nap, but was asleep by 9 and Dan, who was left behind in Eugene, (we went to Klamath) called at 9:30 to say he was headed to bed.

I don't know if it was New Year's Eve that started me off with a Grinch's attitude or that it was followed up by a disappointing Rose Bowl, or maybe it was that the start of the Prenatal Yoga class that I had signed up for (and was looking forward to) was pushed back a week, meaning that it will run now for 3 weeks after my due date (which means I will probably miss more classes that I will attend and therefore should realistically cancel the whole thing)... whatever the case, I really haven't started this year out with a very positive outlook.

All that being said, I am not making any resolutions this year. Probably somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm telling myself that if I don't make any then I won't be disappointed when I fail to follow through... how pathetic is that? Really though, there isn't anything I care to resolve at this point. I'm not by any means saying that there isn't anything I could use to improve on... obviously I need a better attitude. Not to mention the fact that I could use to be: more patient, more personable, more motivated, more compassionate, better organized... on and on and on. However, I've resolved to make no resolutions... how's that for a resolution?

Despite my pessimism, I do hope that everyone has a very great year. We have a pretty busy one ahead of us. Sometime late February (hopefully) or early March we will welcome (somewhat hesitantly) or fourth child. April/May will bring the end of law school (hurray) followed by, hopefully, (keep your fingers crossed) a job offer at the courthouse for Dan. June will bring the end of school for Emme & Calvin which means a pretty intense summer break for me, at odds against 4 kids, while Dan studies (very, very hard) for the bar in July. If we make it to August, it should mean happy bar passage news along with the beginning of "real life" and real income (is there such a thing?), the purchase of a car large enough to accommodate the little clan we have in the works (thank you again Grammy for letting us borrow yours until that point) and a move if things don't work out here in Eugene. Oh, happy September, will bring Emme back to school (2nd grade, I can't believe it) and Calvin also (yay kindergarten, too bad it isn't all day), which will allow me to have better odds against only 2 kids at home. After that, I would like to believe it will all be downhill. Maybe this year (watch out, another unofficial resolution) I will actually send out Christmas cards and let you all know how it turned out.

In other news, I haven't run since Christmas Eve. I took my running stuff to Klamath Falls, but never got around to running (I've got all kinds of excuses, I won't even begin to bother you with). I had planned to run today, but since I haven't yet, I probably won't. Maybe that is part of my Grinchism... my moods and running seem to go hand in hand, I better get out there soon.