Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Big Day


Yesterday was a big day here in our house. Leona moved up from her crib to a "big girl bed". When I took apart the crib so that I could get it out the door and into Calvin's room she started freaking out. I think it will be a good thing that we are making the change so early... it gives her 3 months (give or take) until the baby comes and this will give her one less thing to hate him for. The less he takes away from her, the better. I have a feeling she isn't going to care for him too much. She is a tad bit possessive/controlling/demanding of her things (i.e. me).

So, once I got her bed set up, she was really quite excited. Being such a runt, though, I had to put a step stool in front of it so that she could get in and out. She took a nap in it, without any hassle (of course she had practically fallen asleep in her highchair first) and later in the day climbed up into it and settled herself down with a book (see above picture). She didn't have any problem getting in for bedtime either... staying there was a different story. Every time we turned around we'd find her tiptoeing down the stairs and through the kitchen with a silly little impish grin on her face. It was really pretty difficult to get upset with such a cute face. It took several trips, a few tears (wasn't so difficult to become unhappy after 10+ trips) and me laying down in the girls' room for a bit to get her to finally stay in bed. I think tonight will be better and hopefully after a few days bedtime will be much less complicated.

As for running, I've gone 3 days in a row this week. It has gone pretty well and I don't seem to be suffering at all from my week of "rest". Today I went a little bit later in the day and took Leona with me. It's been a while since I ran with the stroller but it was a good run.

Unfortunately, when running while pregnant, I tend to do things I wouldn't otherwise. For example, today I stopped at a "Honey Bucket" on the riverbank trail that could be the most disgusting port-a-potty I have ever encountered. I will spare you the details, but imagine your biggest port-a-potty fears then multiply that by 100... it was that gross. Needless to say, next time I think I might take my chances in the tall grass at the edge of the trail. Hurray for running while pregnant.

1 comment:

Dick said...

Good job running, Laurie! I know you have all the latest contraptions available to lessen the discomfort, but since you're 7 months along it seems to me it couldn't be too pleasant! On the other hand, even being 7 months pregnant your belly STILL isn't anywhere near as big as mine, and I managed to run...