Thursday, November 19, 2009

Super Delinquent

My blogging has been pretty much nonexistent as of late. I really just haven't had a lot or really anything to write about. The kids and I spent last weekend in Utah (well most of it was really spent driving through Oregon, Idaho, then Utah) for my brother's wedding. If I get around to it, I'll post the few pictures I took with my phone. (I, of course, dragged my camera all the way to Utah to not take it out once...really I left it at the motel instead of taking it to the wedding or reception... so sad.) The trip in itself was VERY, VERY long, but the kids were great and I am quite gracious to my mom and grandma for putting up with us.

Running has been going pretty well. I've been trying to work in somewhere between 16 and 20 miles per week and so far I've been managing with that. Last week I crossed the 6 month mark in my pregnancy and I'm definitely not getting any smaller (I really think that I'm already as big now as I was at the end with Leona). Every day, Calvin comments on how much bigger my belly is getting. "Mommy, your belly is so, so big!!" Anyway, it seems that with my ever growing stomach my recovery time is taking a little longer as is my desire to run very quickly. Lately, getting up to the dark and dreary 5am world hasn't been too appealing so I've been working in runs later in the day with Leona and I even took the double out the other day, which Calvin enjoyed, although the silly kid managed to go without socks (another story entirely) which left his feet freezing by the end (not to mention left me feeling like a terrible mother).

Anyway, life is good. Today is my last night of living it up in my 20's, so to celebrate I'm staying up past my normal bedtime of 10 (at the latest, really more like 9:30... if I make it that late) all the way to 10:15, maybe even 10:30! I know, I'm living on the edge... but that's what one is supposed to do while young and carefree, no? Tomorrow, I will officially be an old lady so then I won't have to hide the fact that really I'm usually asleep on the couch by 8:30...

Happy Birthday Eve to me...

2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. If you are an old lady at 30 I don't want to know what I am at over 40. Calvin and I hope you have a great day and if your card doesn't come then it is Calvin's fault because he did not mail it when he was suppose to. Happy Birthday and we can't wait to see you all next week.

Dick said...

Sorry I forgot to wish you "Happy birthday" on Friday when I called...work's been really hectic and I had no idea it was the 20th. I'm glad your mom reminded me when she was talking to you that evening, or I would have completely missed it. We're looking forward to seeing you Wednesday...drive safely.