Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009 in Pictures

I love Halloween. I think I may have mentioned that before, but it's true. It is one of my favorite holidays. (I also love Thanksgiving, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, my birthday... okay, I love them all and yes, my birthday is a holiday... or at least should be). Anyway, we had a great Halloween week. Here are a bunch of pictures to commemorate it:

We started the week off with a party at play group. Leona and Calvin had a great time dressing up and playing with their friends.

Here is Darth Vader and his cool pumpkin he made.

Here's the group photo... pretty hard to get that many kids all looking at the camera at once. Notice Calvin volunteered to let his "girlfriend" sit on his lap.
Thanks to my mother-in-law we were able to go all out decorating our house this year. By the time I was done, it looked ready for an 80's junior high dance party!
The kids loved our spider & web.
It went well with the cobwebs that were already hanging from the light.
Emme had her school party on Wednesday. I got to go and help with it and we had a great time.

We also had our church party on Wednesday, which Calvin helped me to make cupcakes for. Leona helped to eat the frosting off of them while I was taking pictures...
"What?!?... I didn't touch them"
The party was a lot of fun. Dan and Leona stayed home because she really wasn't feeling too well, but Emme & Calvin had fun fishing,
getting their faces painted (actually just Emme did that because, "it's only for girls"),
pumpkin bowling,
golfing,
and winning way too many goodies in the cake walk.
On Halloween, we celebrated with a "Jack-O-Lantern" pizza from Papa Murhpy's. It would've been a lot cooler had we made it ourselves... maybe next year.
Then we carved pumpkins,
and got ready to go trick-or-treating.

Here are our pumpkins all lit up.
Noni was still not feeling up to tramping around in the rain at bedtime, so she and Dan stayed home to keep tabs on the game for us. The rain didn't faze Emme & Calvin though, they had a great time.
Due to the duck game we ran into lots of houses with candy on the porch, but we were early enough that it hadn't all been looted.
This house looked really cool because it was all dark with just orange windows and scary things behind the iron fence... but my flash works a little too well.
Calvin led the way with his neon sword (not much Darth Vader left to his costume at this point)
The only house where the kids actually said "Trick-or-Treat" instead of just standing there when the people came to the door was our own. (At least I know they don't like to talk to strangers.)
All-in-all we had a great halloween. After we got home, we put on jammies and cuddled up to watch the rest of the great Duck game.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Halloween is own favorite, too! Man, I was wishing that we were back in Eugene for the super fun Halloween ward party! We ditched ours cuz it was ON Halloween night (hello?) and just a trunk or treat. BOOORING! Looks like you had a really fun time. :)

Janet said...

You really make Halloween into a fun event. I love the pictures!