Thursday, October 8, 2009

T minus 2 Days...

So, it is the week (really 2 days) before the big "Duck Dash" and when I say big, I really mean little, I don't think much more than 200 people participate, but it's big to me because, well, it's the only race I ever run. I've kind of been dreading it, but had a great run this morning and now am excited to do it (get it over with). Unfortunately, I have an awful cold that seems to have settled in my sinuses and is working it's way into my lungs. That inability to breathe coupled with the fact that today I hit 19 weeks pregnant should leave me lots of excuses if things don't turn out as well as I would like on Saturday.

Right now, though, my biggest concern is what to wear. Sounds pretty silly, but a race day outfit is very important. I'm pretty sure that I will wear my black Nike capris and a couple of my favorite sport bras. Normally on Saturday (game day) runs, I wear a duck shirt, but I'd prefer not to race in a cotton t-shirt, so I'll probably opt out of that (sorry ducks, you'll have to win without my good luck run). My sweetheart of a husband thought that since I love my new shoes so much he should get me another pair (what I am considering an early birthday present, even though he says no) which he surprised me with last week. I love them. They are mostly white and grey with orange accents on the midsole and tongue. So, now I will also have to choose which shoes to wear, my purple people eaters or the new creamsicle ones. Once I have the shoes figured out I should be able to figure out a shirt, I want to coordinate but not be too matchy (yes, that's a word). Anyway, I'm rambling...

So, Saturday is the big race. I'll let you know how it turns out. Really, my big goal this year is to win one of the door prizes, Emme was really disappointed we didn't win last year.

Speaking of Emme, she had another appointment for her arm and things are looking good. On the 29th she'll get her cast off. She is quite excited as are we, I have bruises all over... it is a very dangerous appendage.

3 comments:

Dick said...

I'm sure you'll do really well. As far as what to wear, knowing you as well as I do I'm sure that whatever your selection is you'll look good. I think I'd go with the purple shoes...they're the coolest looking things I've ever seen.

Joleane said...

Good luck on your run. Just have fun & enjoy yourself. Strollerless?

me/mom/NANA said...

I agree with Joleane enjoy running without little ones and I disagree with Dick on the shoe choice. Any shoe with orange in it has to be very stylish so I would go with the new shoes if they are warn in enough. You don't need new shoe soreness. Good luck and keep us posted. Great Job to Emme as well and here's wishing you a big door prize win.