Friday, October 16, 2009

Surprise!


It doesn't happen very often but I was wrong. I was totally convinced we were going to have a girl, but nope it's a boy. There are some pretty happy people in my house (Dan, Calvin & Emme). I don't really think that Leona cares one way or the other (I'm sure she will be envious and hate it no matter what sex it is) and I had my heart set on a girl and a girls' name I loved but am equally thrilled to have another little Calvin (maybe he won't be quite so ornery) running around.

Now as soon as my mom gets here, we're off to Portland for a girls night! Woooo Whoooo!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats, Laurie...now everybody gets a both brother AND a sister. :)

Marci said...

Yay for Calvin to have a brother!! I personally am excited to have another little Higgins man in the world.

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait. Congratulations! Maybe it's ok, that my Summer, and now Fall plans for a trip to Oregon got messed up. I'll get together another box of goodies to send... all the little boy things. Poor Leona will probably out grow all the clothes I have for her before I get out there.