Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's almost Friday!!

Tomorrow is a big day. I am so excited. First I get to have my ultrasound appointment where (hopefully the baby will be cooperative) and we will get to find out if its a boy or girl. I think I would probably go crazy if for some reason we couldn't find out the sex. There is no way I could wait until it was born... I don't know how people do that. Plus, I'll get to get some pictures and see how she (or he... nothing is for sure yet) is doing. I am so excited!

Then, my mom is coming into town to pick me up and take me away for a girls' mini weekend in Portland. We will meet my mother-in-law and sister-in-law there, stay the night at a super swanky motel (I don't actually know where we're staying, but I can be liberal with my details for entertainment purposes) where we will most likely order room service (okay, really no chance of that happening, but fun to pretend anyway) then spend most of Saturday cruising the town (in reality, we'll go to the temple, maybe hit the mall and meet with my mother-in-law's sisters for lunch). It is going to be a great little vacation. It will actually be the first time, since Leona was born, that I've had a night away from the kids. In fact, I can only count 4 other times since having children (going on 6 years now) that I've spent a night away from them. 2 of those times I was actually in the hospital having another child, once was with Dan the night before he took the LSAT and the other time was actually at a nice resort, in the dead of winter, in a snow storm that had closed the restaurant and left us only with stale sandwiches to eat, not to mention the fact that I was in my early stages of pregnancy with Leona (i.e. nauseous and irritable) so it could've been a little better. Needless to say, I am super excited to get away tomorrow night. Dan will be watching the kids, so send him happy, peaceful thoughts of patience and well-behaved kids!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I am so excited too. See you in a little over 24 hours from now. We will have a blast. Watch out Portland here we come!

Dick said...

This comment is more in regard to your mom's comment "watch out Portland here we come"....Yeah, she's a real party animal! Hopefully she won't fall asleep while she's driving, but any time after 6:30 p.m......ZZZZZZZZZZ!!!