Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's all over...


... and honestly I feel really pretty good about it all. I ended up running it in a 22:59 which is an improvement of over a minute from last year. I think it averages at about 7:34 minute miles which is what my training plan promised me, so I guess it must have worked. I was so nervous before it all started but by running there instead of catching a ride from Dan and the kids it helped to work some of those nerves out. I also ended up finishing 3rd in my age group, so I got a cool ribbon, which Emme was willing to accept as a door prize. Luckily, though I convinced her to hang around and make sure we didn't win anything cooler. We did! We got a cool black Oregon sweatshirt with a duck on the sleeve and it came in a cool reusable shopping bag. In addition, a friend of ours (really the girlfriend of one of Dan's friends) won Oregon light switch covers (they are pretty cool, with footballs on them) which she didn't want (she's a die hard Washington State fan... Boo!) so she gave them to us for Calvin. All in all, it's been a great morning and we couldn't be happier with the results! Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and support.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats, Laurie! Landon told me you did well...he was supposed to say hi and good luck for me, hut he said he never actually saw you. :) Way to go!

Marci said...

Yay!! That is a great time! I think you made the right wardrobe choice, but you look good in everything. You should wear your ribbon to the next playgroup.
Nice Job!!

Stephanie said...

You rock, Laurie! And to think that you did that while prego, too! As I've said before, you are my hero! :) Congratulations!

Dick said...

Good job, Laurie! Not too bad a time...especially for someone who's 5 months pregnant! It had to have been the shoes.....