Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Duck Dash Eve

Tomorrow is the day. I'm as ready as I'll be. I still need to try out a few different shirt combos, but I think I'll go with my "purple people eater" shoes. They've changed the race course so that instead of finishing behind the law school like it usually does, this year it will actually finish on Hayward Field at the track's finish line. So, the first 600 meters and the last 200 meters will be around the track. I guess that's a good thing, because last year I got stuck behind 3 guys running side by side and had to actually say "common guys let's go" to give what I had left to the finish line (it was a fairly narrow path to the law school and "what I had left" wasn't much.)

We had pasta for dinner and I have a chocolate peanut butter power bar which I will probably eat half of for breakfast. I also have a strawberry lemon-lime Gatorade to "replenish" myself after I finish. I didn't run at all today but will run to the school tomorrow morning for a warm up. I think it's supposed to be in the mid 40's at race time (8:30am) but no rain. If you'd like to look at the race map you can click HERE. I think that's about it. If you think about it, send me happy thoughts anytime between 8:30 and (I'll think optimistically) 8:53am or even better, think happy "door prize" thoughts for us around 9:30 or so. I'll let you know how it turns out...

2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

I know you will do great. We are so proud of you and of course our thoughts and prayers are with you as always.

Tom North said...

Good Luck!!!