Thursday, September 24, 2009

Well, I did it

I finally registered for the Duck Dash. It's still 2 weeks away, which means a lot could still happen in that time (I could get enormous and not feel like running) but I figure, worse case scenario, I'll just puddle along (yeah, that's a type of running, "puddling", its a very technical, hard to do thing and you have to be pregnant to really pull it off). Anyway, I had a decent track workout yesterday with 3x1600 repeats and 800 recoveries between. It felt pretty good and kind of got me excited about running fast (well as fast as I can... might not be too fast). Also, I figure if I'm going to drag myself out of bed in the wee hours of the morning to follow a training plan that includes track workouts I may as well at least put it to use.

I also took the time while I was on the Internet to order a "maternity support belt". I've read some pretty good reviews about the one I got and I think it might be helpful if I'm really going to run for the next 5 1/2 months (give or take, it's too early for math). I'll let you know how it turns out.

Calvin had his first official day at preschool. Dan took him, and I guess he really didn't want to go in or stay, but by the time we picked him up he was having good time and playing with kids. I'm sure he'll be running the place in no time.

2 comments:

Marci said...

You are so awesome! I was planning on being there with you but Brandon is going to be out of town that day and persuaded me to do the Monster Dash with him at the end of October. I haven't been running mile repeats so I need the extra time anyway. I bet you'll run faster than all those women who aren't 4 months pregnant. Thanks for always inspiring me.

Janet said...

Good for you! I think the puddling might interesting to see though. :o)