Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Shoes!

I finally went out for a run today. It actually went pretty well too. It felt really good to be outside with the stars (it was still pretty dark at 5:30 this morning) and I could actually breathe... it was the first time in almost 2 weeks! So, I think I'm pretty much over this cold/flu thing I have. I'm still, however, pregnant and it seems that pregnancy related running issues (i.e. an ever expanding belly and the need for multiple sports bras as well as multiple bathroom stops) will only be getting worse as the days go by. I'm still planning on the Duck Dash though and have a month to get ready.

As for the new shoes, Dan has a buddy that gets a pretty decent discount at Nike, so he's hooking us up with some sweet gear. I'm really excited because my shoes are in a definite need of refreshing. I've been running in a pair of Adidas Clima Cool for I think almost 4 1/2 years and I alternate them with a pair of Nike trail shoes that are working on 3 years. Both shoes have more that 600 miles on them (individually) and the Adidas (which didn't have much cushioning to begin with) feel like running on concrete. Needless to say, I am super excited to be updating my kicks! The color I ended up ordering wasn't my first choice, but I'm glad that the orange and grey ones weren't in my size because I think these are going to be awesome!! They should be here early next week and I'll let you know how they work out. (Sorry the picture is so small, if you'd like to see a better picture check them out here.)

Emme starts 1st grade tomorrow. She is sooooooo excited. Today we are going to go through her school clothes to pick "the perfect outfit" and then we'll paint her finger and toenails... you know, all the essential night before school starts things. This evening there is an open house at her school so we'll go and meet her teacher and check out her classroom. It should be a good time!

3 comments:

Dick said...

Nice shoes. Do you think they'll make you run faster?

Tom North said...

Sweet kicks! I like em

Stephanie said...

New shoes! Yea! Makes me giddy every time. Exciting news for Emme! I know that she'll look smashing and have a great year. :)