Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School, Back to School...

Well, Emme made it through her first day of first grade. By the time we picked her up after school at 1:00pm (Wednesdays are early release day) she couldn't remember anything she had done during the day (outside of a new trick she learned on the rings at recess), but she had a good time doing it. I can't believe what a difference it made to have her in school, the day went so smoothly. It's not that Emme is an instigator or that I was necessarily relieved to have her out of the house, but by having just one person out of the equation made a huge difference. I got so much more accomplished today (of course I'm finally feeling almost 100%, that might have something to do with it) than I have in a while. I don't know what I'll do with myself once Calvin's preschool starts up. I'll have the whole afternoon with just Leona, who will hopefully nap for a large portion of it. Back to school, back to school, mommy thinks this is really cool!!

Here are some pictures of this morning. Sorry they're so fuzzy, our digital camera finally had it's fill of little hands groping it, which only leaves my cell phone.




As for running, I've gone two days in a row now, a 4 and 5 miler. I'm running pretty slowly (I'm sure I'll pick up speed, once my new kicks arrive...yay!!) and feel like I haven't run in a while, but it feels good to be back out there doing it. As of right now, I'm still looking forward to my annual jaunt in the Duck Dash...we'll see.

P.S.  Today is 09/09/09... pretty cool!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Caleb NEVER remembers what he's done! What's up with that? I'm glad that she had a good time. I felt the same way once Caleb started. Whatever will you do with just the one? :)