Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lazy Laurie

So, Dan has mentioned several times that I really need to update this blog and then he logged me in and pushed the computer in my direction so I guess that's what I'm going to do...

We had a great time in Klamath Falls, then followed it up with a great weekend of camping (it was in the rain, but a lot of fun nonetheless) and then Leona's first birthday on Monday. I have some pictures that I should post, but am too lazy this evening to get up, get the camera, get the connector and upload them to the computer...maybe tomorrow...maybe.

Somewhere in it all, I didn't manage to work in a single run. I didn't even take my running shoes camping and it would've been a great place to run. I had a hard time leaving them home, but by leaving them home I was also able to leave my running shorts, extra socks, sports bras, shirts...basically half my wardrobe...it was probably a good call.

Anyway, I felt like I was doing pretty well running while on "vacation" and had significantly increased my mileage but now that I'm back home those runs have been harder to come by. I think it is directly related to my opportunities to go running. While staying at my grandma's I could take off pretty much any time I wanted and either she or my mother-in-law would graciously watch Emme & Calvin for me. I still did most of my runs early morning style but that's only because Leona didn't like sleeping in a strange place and so didn't. Now that we're back home really my only option is to run early before Dan leaves for work or run in the evening after dinner. I've had great aspirations to get up and get out in the morning, but they have yet to come to fruition (At least I've been realistic, I have yet to even get my running clothes out the night before...I know it isn't going to happen), in fact, 2 of the last 3 days I've slept in past 7:30 and didn't even say goodbye to Dan...

Tonight, though, I did go for a run (my first in a week...yikes!). Leona took a bizarre 3 hour nap that lasted until 7:30pm, so after her dinner, we headed out for a short little jaunt around the neighborhood. The weather was fairly pleasant since the sun had pretty much set (a balmy 84 degrees at 8:40pm) and it felt pretty good to be out there. I ran slowly (almost 9 minute pace) and had a terrible side ache for most of it, but I'm glad I went and look forward to going again soon...although probably not tomorrow morning...

No comments: