Thursday, June 4, 2009

sooo sad....


Well, I think I'm done running...at least for a bit. I didn't get much sleep last night, because every time I moved the pain in my ankle woke me up. It is quite a bit more swollen today and really doesn't feel all that great...just kind of a dull aching and very unpleasant to go up and down the stairs in our house.  Needless to say I don't think I'll be able to run the Steep Hill 5K next weekend, even if I miraculously heal in the next couple of days it would probably be in my best (long term) interest to sit it out.  I'm really pretty sad, because it looks like a fun race and benefited the local Special Olympics which I think is a great organization.  I'm also sad, because I feel like I was really getting into a good running groove.  My normal self really wants to just run through the "pain" but, in my "old age", I've become a little wiser (that and my husband would kill me, if he found out I went running after I told him I probably shouldn't).  

I don't know what I'll do if I'm out for a while.  I've already been going crazy today.  I swept and mopped my house and brought the vacuum out to clean out all the heaters and then rearranged the kitchen a bit.  I also have plans to rearrange the rooms, which will involve separating Emme & Calvin and moving Dan & myself downstairs...maybe I should skip out on running more often! It also didn't help that every time I turned around Calvin was saying, "let's go running"..."are you better now, lets go running"...  

Patience has never been one of my strong suits, I guess it's time to work on developing it.

(as for the picture, I thought posing in front of the monsoon that was occurring in the background would make me look even more pitiful...did it work?)

4 comments:

Tom North said...

That really sucks....sorry.

Stacey said...

Sorry, I have been there and it is not fun! I feel your pain. Good luck and I hope you heal quick!

Dick said...

It must be in your genes...I've only run once since February, and my Achilles still doesn't seem to be improving. You're hurt, Tom's hurt, and I'm permanently crippled. Sorry!!!

Jacob and Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, Laurie! I didn't know you were hurt! When did it happen? And your changing around rooms?!? Can you still swim? I'm so sorry. :(