Monday, June 29, 2009

I Hate Garbagé

If I were ever to become Miss (I guess Mrs.) America I wouldn't hope to create world peace or end world hunger...nope I would run a campaign to rid our nation's sidewalks and running trails of garbage. Garbage is so ugly and is absolutely unnecessary. It is the epitome of shear laziness. Is it really that hard to carry your now empty wrapper and plastic coffee cup back home with you, or to the nearest recycle bin? This is Eugene after all, there are recycle stations on practically every corner.

The first place I would start would be with McDonald's and their dumb McCafé campaign. I don't know if you've seen the commercials, but they think they are pretty clever by adding an accented e onto a bunch of words, like: debaté, parté, theatré...and so on. All I can say, is lamé. I'm not a big fan of McDonald's in the first place, but for whatever reason, their new coffee line really annoys me.

Anyway, back to my garbage tirade. On my run this morning I ran by 3 different smashed McCafé cups. Come on people...if you pack it in, pack it out. Two separate cups were at two different bus stops...are there not garbage containers right at the front of the bus? I don't think anyone is going to think less of you if you're walking around with an empty cup for the 5 minutes it takes you to find some place to put it besides the ground. So, McDonald's....I have two more cool é words for you to brainwash our lemming population with, the first is Garbagé and the second is even better... Recyclé.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Great remarks. I agree and maybe you should send it to McDonalds.

Jacob and Stephanie said...

ME TOO! I hate litter and I HATE those retarded McDonald's commercials! I was saying the exact same thing to Jake the other day. ;)

Tom North said...

i like the post! I hate McDonald's almost as much as i hate Wal-Mart. I also hate littering its pointless! This is a post probably worthy of posting on the Rants of Tom cite